Monday, December 1, 2014

Starry Medallion Wreath


I went down to my craft room for a little stamping time and once again, those cute little stars from the Noel Paper Pumpkin kit grabbed my attention. There was a stack of partially finished Paper Pumpkin kits on my desk, and these stars were on top. If you're not familiar with Stampin' Up!s My Paper Pumpkin subscription service, you can find the details here.

The Daydream Medallion stamp set had also been left out on my desk (I don't always have the neatest stamp room - LOL!), so I inked it up in Versamark and heat embossed the stamp in silver with the intent of making a wreath. Then I used the coordinating Floral Frames framelit die to cut out the medallion.

 I knew I wanted to use those little stars, so I chose a stamp from the Letterpress Winter set for the center of the wreath and embossed that in silver as well. It fit so nicely inside the Daydream Medallion set, leaving just enough room for me to add stars! It doesn't show up real well in the photo, but the silver embossing is gorgeous. You can see the embossing a bit better here:




To attach the stars, I simply added a mini glue dot to the back of every other star and pressed them in place. Easy!

Once the stars were in place, the middle of the wreath begged to pop a little more, so out came the Flower Patch stamp set, which has a flower just the right size for the center. I stamped it in Real Red ink and added a rhinestone to the center for a little bling.

The sentiment is from the Good Greetings stamp set and is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals on a small rectangle of retired Designer Series Paper (DSP), but any Real Red dsp scrap will work.

I love the Smoky Slate, Real Red and Whisper White combo. What do you think? I still have a lot of stars to play with, so look for more starry cards here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment