Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Merry Little Wish Upon Christmas Stars



At our October Stampin' Up! demonstrator group meeting I shared this card as our Make 'n Take.

After I designed it and cut the pieces I laid them all out on the floor. I checked twice to make sure I had cut all the card stock pieces, had included the Delicate Designs embossing folder, the star framelit die, heat tool for embossing, gold embossing powder, envelope punch board (to round the corners), gold baker's twine and stamps for the Festival of Trees star and sentiment and Stampin' dimensionals to pop up the Old Olive piece. Suddenly I realized I was missing the Crumb Cake card bases! (Hard to make the cards without those - LOL!) So back to the cutting table to cut card bases...

Then I thought I was all set. But the night of the demo meeting I noticed everyone was making the card without doing the embossing for the stars. Why was that, I wondered? Then one of the ladies informed me that there was no Versamark ink pad AND they were borrowing a glass block from another table because I forgot that as well. Duh! The best laid plans don't always work out the way you imagine!

The card looks so simple, how can it possibly need all that stuff????
So don't worry if you don't have all the supplies I used, just substitute as needed and make your card! Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment