Monday, September 1, 2014

Christmas Greetings for the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge - PPA217

Happy Labor day weekend! I love LOOOONNNG weekends, and this weekend is no exception. Having that extra day off from work allows me to do most of the things that 'need' to be done, and still have time to PLAY! I hope you have some time to play this weekend as well.

My grandsons came to visit on Saturday, so it was an extra special weekend. While they were busy playing with some new birthday Lego sets, I pulled out a "few" card-making supplies (the pile of supplies kept growing larger - LOL!)

I had just purchased the 'Happy Holidays' issue of CardMaker magazine too, so I was inspired to start creating some Christmas designs. I really love the colors from the Stampin' Up! Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Smoky Slate & Whisper White), which is sadly retired now.

With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays last year, I didn't have nearly enough time to use it! So what better day to bring it out than PLAY DAY? Here are a couple of cards I created with the Winter Frost color scheme and some pieces from my scrap bin:


Today I decided to continue to play with these colors and incorporate them into a card for the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge by Nicole Watt. Here is her sketch:
217
This is the card I created using the Stampin' Up! Christmas Bliss photopolymer stamp set. The trees are stamped in Bermuda Bay and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder (sparkly, but hard to see in the photo):


I had a lot of fun playing with this sketch! Won't you play along? You have until tomorrow at noon (CST) to link your creation to the challenge. While you're there, be sure to check out all the other great designs.

Happy Stamping!


2 comments:

  1. I like how you cut the sentiment and trees with the star die and I love these colors together. Thank you for joining the Pals sketch challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation of the sketch. The angled stripes and star make me think of a shooting star. Great job! Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete