Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Retired, Retiring Soon, and Still Here!

It's that time of year when Stampin' Up! demonstrators are moving out the old to make room for the new catalog and all its glorious new products!

I always feel like I haven't had quite enough time to play with some of my "old" stamps, paper and accessories, so today's card is a mash-up of old, not-so-old, and current items. Feel free to substitute what you have in YOUR stash and join me in making a cheerful birthday card.



The watercolor wonder paper creates the base of the color scheme with its variations of oranges and yellows, so I carried those colors through the other layers. These bright shades really pop with the layers of white in between! I randomly stamped some of the images from Bright Blossoms to create a background that reminds me of fireworks. A few dots were punched with the owl punch to add a little depth, and both the sentiment and designer frame were popped up with dimensionals. The vase was stamped with Versamark on Calypso Coral cardstock, then heat embossed with white embossing powder and snipped out.

Please leave a comment and  let me know what you will miss the most from the current catalog, or what you are creating today. I'd love to hear from you!

Product List

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment